Mouse not functional with IE8 update

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by ruggb, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ruggb

ruggb

There was an Windoz update recently, now I cannot use my mouse in IE8.

The mouse is perfectly functional in all other programs.

It is wireless. A wired USB mouse works the same so it is not a driver issue.

If I point to and click on a link it will either go to a different page, or not do anything.

The link that shows up in the status bar when the cursor is placed over the link is correct.

When I rt click the mouse a different link flashes and the page changes to that different link.

If I rt clk and select open in a different Tab or Window, it does it correctly.

IT APPEARS that the focus for the CLICK is different than the focus for the CURSOR.

Other than installing Firefox (which I did and it works perfectly) how do I fix this????

thx

ruggb, Apr 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. ruggb

WAW8

If the links work fine in FF but don't in IE, that's indicative of some recent malware that installs a proxy server setting for IE such that your clicks are redirected somewhere else.

If you have add-ins for IE8, you should disable those, as they are often at fault.

You could also download and install Malwarebytes antimalware. It's a free download and, in my experience, has done an excellent job of finding this kind of malware.

WAW8, Apr 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question