Monitor acting up

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Tab28, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Tab28

Tab28

I have a Acer AL2216W that all of a sudden keeps having the display menu (from the monitor) poping up every few minuites. This is the display menu settings that pops up when you push the front monitor botton for adjustments. Is this a Vista driver problem, it seems every time Vista auto updates another hardware acts up or stops working. This may not be a vista issue but I would like to know if others had this problem. I have had vistaupdate conflictswith so many other hardware issues and had to get newer drivers.

If this is not a vista issue I can start looking at other avenues.

Tab28, Oct 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Tab28

WAW8

I would seriously doubt this to be a driver issue as I know of no way that a driver can cause the OSD (on Screen Display) to appear on the hardware.

As to driver issues resulting from Windows Update, I heartly agree -- which is why I do NOT permit Windows Update to change any drivers on my system. Your best source of drivers is always the hardware manufacturer's website.

WAW8, Oct 25, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question