Modem Device on high definition audio bus

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Missa1775, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Missa1775

Missa1775

Hey guys! I'm knew here my name is Melissa.

I was kinda ignoring this problem for awhile but I feel like trying to fix it. Ever since i reinstalled vista on my Gateway p-series laptop i have been getting an error message saying that it cant find this driver it is called " Modem Device on high definition audio bus". When i try to look for this driver i cant find it i guess my main problem is that i really don't understand what it is. In my device Manager it is under other Devices... if that helps any..

Missa1775, Feb 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Missa1775

WAW8

If you find that either the audio or modem don't work properly now, take a look at the following:

[url]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077/ [/url]

Searching using "audio" will yield thousands of hits -- most of them useless. You need to find out what model modem you have on the Gateway and use that to search for drivers.

WAW8, Feb 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Missa1775

Missa1775

thanks. i looked at that link and tried to download something and it said it wasnt right for my system. & how would i know what kind of modem i have?

do u know if this would have anything to do with vista saying that it has to convert to basic vista coloring?

Missa1775, Feb 15, 2008
  4. Missa1775

WAW8

You have to go into Device Manager and look at the Properties for the Modem.

WAW8, Feb 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question