Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipst Family

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by frdmisntfree00, Nov 16, 2007.

1. frdmisntfree00

frdmisntfree00

My screen resolution has gone back to the default settings and I do not have the option to increse the screen resolution. i can only choose between 800x600 or 1024x768. I am gettingthis error message:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12).

I have a Dell Insprion E1705 that I upgraded the OSfrom XP toVista Home Premimum.

Cansomeone please help me with this???

frdmisntfree00, Nov 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. frdmisntfree00

WAW8

Where'd you get the Vista video drivers -- from Intel or from Dell?

When you said you "upgraded" your Dell, was it an actual in-place "upgrade" (meaning you retained your programs, files, and settings) or was it a new install?

Has this display problem been happening all along (in Vista) or is it something new?

WAW8, Nov 21, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. frdmisntfree00

lwalker07

Did this problem occur right after running Windows Update? Can you run a system restore and restore to the 15th? That should fix your problem. Am having the same issue on a HP TC4400 right now and there are no system restore points available. Any suggestions?

lwalker07, Nov 26, 2007
  4. frdmisntfree00

WAW8

When you mentioned 945GM, In presumed that your box uses Intel graphics, but in fact, the E1705 comes with Nividia Go 7800 graphics. So, if this only happened recently, look through Windows Updates for a graphics driver update from Nividia. An alternative is that you can look for the Vista driver at the Nvidia driver site, check it's version against what you're running, and update it with the driver from Nvidia (if that's a more recent version).

WAW8, Nov 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question