Missing Operating System

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Uuranor, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Uuranor

Uuranor

Hey all,

Just got a new CPU today. This is a pre-installed Home Prem. Version. When I first turned on the CPU I went threw the steps/questions Vista ask's. I booted up but then almost instantly got a "blue screen of death". The Blue screen basically was telling me I had a hardware failure and stuck right there. I had to restart since I froze there and upon re-boot got a black screen saying Missing Operating System and a blinking cursor. I tried hitting F8 on startup (nada) I can post or get into Bios but not sure what the problem is. Called Microsoft who wants to charge me $75 bucks for help since its a pre-install. I do have the recovery dvd-rom tried to pop it into the drive but nothing happened. Any suggestions?? I would appreciate any feedback, thx all.

Uuranor, Mar 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Uuranor

Crispy

When you say CPU do you mean Computer? A CPU to me is the processor. If it is a new computer, call the company that you bought it from. Because if you just got it from them then it is should be there responsibility to make sher it works the day you get the computer.

Crispy, Mar 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Uuranor

WAW8

Since you say this is pre-installed, does that mean you bought it retail from a vendor or store? If so, take or send it back and demand they fix it -- for free! If they won't do that, see if you can get your money back.

You said it won't boot from the DVD, that, plus the blinking cursor, means it's boot sequence is not set properly and it can't find the OS partition containing Vista. If you built this yourself, then you'd have to fix it. But since someone else built it -- they need to fix it.

WAW8, Mar 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question