Microsoft's Latest 360 Plans Discovered in Patent File

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by Jason, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason

The internet has made keeping secrets next to impossible. The ESRB is a prime example of that. But this is a bit of info that could very well mark the next step in the evolution of home gaming.

I present to you, US Patent Number 20070087830. For those of you who are too lazy to read through all of that, allow me to summarize: The following patent, filed by Microsoft, is for what is basically a home entertainment hub that will bring your Windows-enabled mobile phone (ala Blackberries), your Windows Vista-enabled PC, and your Zune into one uber network with your gaming device, allowing all of the listed mediums to share the same platform.

While it doesn’t give us any specs or technical data, it paints a vivid image in our heads of what Microsoft wants to do with the experience they want to give to gamers. I just hope they come up with a name better than “720.”

Jason, Apr 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

kingofnexus

1080 :p

kingofnexus, Apr 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question