Microsoft to stop selling XP starting today!!!!

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by lolsonjr, Jun 30, 2008.

1. lolsonjr

lolsonjr

lolsonjr, Jun 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. lolsonjr

CasTiger

What about all those netooks that are being sold and run much better and with better battery life on Windows XP ? Vista on a netbook would be no good at all.

CasTiger, Nov 4, 2008
    Cammygirl192 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. lolsonjr

Awsome_needhelps

WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT? Microsft gonna stop selling there best ever program.... Vista not the best probly the worst number 1. Can't do as much stuff, like edit files. number 2. Videos downloaded on it can be erased. Number 3. when it has the not responding it gets all very lighten up and blinds you. number 4. It Lags badly and can't use msn or comcast with out an download wich is for msn illegal......:( not micrsofts smartest moves -.-

Awsome_needhelps, Nov 4, 2008
  4. lolsonjr

VistaRocks

Sounds to me like your either 1. misinformed or 2. Got some real issues with YOUR PC.

Never had a problem with any lag or programs or game running on Vista since i started using it when it was RC1. What you mean cant "edit files", i do all the editing i want and some. I also have no problem downloading videos, or games or programs or music and they dont get erased unless i delete them.

Personally i think they should have stopped selling XP as soon as sp1 came out for Vista. Move forward people, dont live in the past.

VistaRocks, Nov 8, 2008
  5. lolsonjr

BangkokJames

well most people's computers are out of date and they are still happy with xp. Everything they want to do is still on XP and they have not reason to upgrade. I upgraded mainly because my computer was able to handle it (rating of 5) and i wanted to have DX 10 :D.

BangkokJames, Nov 9, 2008
  6. lolsonjr

Thewho2

Personally I don't think a lot of folks can buy a $2000.00 and up computer to run vista like it should

be run. I for one am retired, and can't afford to buy a new computer. The only reason I am running

Vista on my laptop is because my son gave it to me. I think most people that like XP, because of their

present equipment. now they are forced to buy the new OS that will more than likely crash their

computer and then just give up. I personally like XP. It seems to me when a OS becomes a good

and stable OS they just have to insert a new plan that will silver line their pockets by making sure

that the new one requires spending more money they don't have, to build their system up to the

capability of the computers that the OS was designed on. When XP came out it ran on my computer

with out having to upgrade to a $2000.00 unit. Of course this is just my opinion.

Thewho2, Nov 21, 2008
  7. lolsonjr

tcseacliff

vista home premium is a lot more unstable than XP was, going to miss it. I have a dual core 2gig HP and XP would have been great on here ,due to a crash , got the Vista, wish i didn't!!

tcseacliff, Nov 29, 2008
  8. lolsonjr

baxterboy2k

I have Vista, I usedXP from the day it was released.

I have been very happy with Vista, yes it does lockup once and a while, but it is less than it was with XP

I wish I had Ultimate with the cool extras, but I have Premium and it works just fine.:)

baxterboy2k, Dec 12, 2008
  9. lolsonjr

VistaFan36

I have no problems at all with windows Vista home premium SP1, no crashes, can download whatever i want, no problems loosing files, no problems editing files, no problems period. I'm using a Gateway GT5670 with AMD 8400 triple core processor and three Gigs of RAM, paid 500.00 for the computer new. I think the problem is that some people have computers that are to old and low powered or don't know what they are doing with there computers. SP2 is also on it's way with many updates and bug fixes. IT's time to move up the ladder people, the computer world is constantly changing and as operating systems and other programs are constantly having new features added and becoming more complicated it will take more powerful pc's to run them, thats just the way it is. :)

VistaFan36, Jan 23, 2009
  10. lolsonjr

lonewea

will the update goes on? i'm still usig winxp!

lonewea, Oct 29, 2009
  11. lolsonjr

WAW8

Of course they will ... until MS decides to stop providing them.

And ... don't ask when that will be because we don't know.

WAW8, Oct 29, 2009
  12. lolsonjr

mgarrett

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit and find it very stable. It seems that the 64-bit version has less problems than the 32-bit. However, there are not as many drivers written for the 64-bit system. I put out about $750 for a quad-core with 4 GB of memory and an Nviodia GeForce 8500 GT. I'm running dual monitors and love it all.

mgarrett, Nov 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question