Microsoft Office XP Professional compatible with Vista Business Premium?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by staytopnotch, Mar 17, 2007.

1. staytopnotch

staytopnotch

I have Microsoft Office XP professional from my previous Windows XP professional computer which I have now upgraded to Vista Business Premium. I'm having trouble operating the Microsoft office programs without having this pop-up come up every single time saying that the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PROPLUS.MSI' in the box below. I have no idea what that means. All the Microsoft Office programs work fine its just the popup is really annoying. Please tell me what I need to do to get rid of it. Thanks

staytopnotch, Mar 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. staytopnotch

BermudaLee

I don't know much about office, but it sounds as if you have a corrupted installation (msi) file somewhere. I suggest you grab the installation CD and recopy the file, or grab the CD and insert it next time you try to use office, then direct the request to that file.

It may be that you have some feature not installed yet (there is, as I recall, an "install on first use" option) and it's looking for a file.

BermudaLee, Mar 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. staytopnotch

WAW8

The popup wants you to insert the Office XP CD because it thinks that XP has not been installed correctly under Vista. One or more files it expects to find are missing from your installation. Might be as simple as missing default fonts -- Vista has changed some of them.

Cleanest solution would probably be to uninstall Office XP and reinstall from CD.

Can't help you specifically because I'm not using Office Xp anymore, but my guess would be that you're going to have continuing problems trying to use Office XP on Vista.

Check this thread ...

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=694909

WAW8, Mar 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question