Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise - keeps configuring.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jambone, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jambone

Jambone

Hey all, I'm having a frustrating issue whereby, after installing Microsoft Office 2007, every time I launch Word,Excel ect. or even Flight Simulator (made by microsoft I guess), the Windows Installer pops up telling me..

"Windows is configuring Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise"

This can range from 20 seconds to 3 minutes in time and I'm pretty sure it's lagging up my games. I've never had any previous versions of Office installed, and have tried numerous things to get it to work (new directories for install ect.)

Does anyone have a bonifide fix for this?

Thanks
    James
    :)

Jambone, Feb 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Jambone

WAW8

From my own experience, when you install an MS Office product, you have the option of specifying which products get installed and when. If you have a product identified as "install upon first use" and you use an app that needs a DLL that product installs, it will then attempt to install that MS Office product, and starts with the "configuring ..." dialog. If this is only happening when you launch MS products, it's apparently a DLL that those products use that also comes with MS Office -- but one you haven't actually installed.

Sorry ... but that's all I know about this. We're a Vista support forum, not an MS Office support forum, and we're not setup to diagnose MS Office (or MS application product) problems.

You might try going to the MS Technet forums to see what help they can provide.

Also ... just noticed that you mentioned "Enterprise". If you're using that in a corporate environment (which is the standard "legal" way you would get Enterprise), you should have an IT department available to help you. If, instead, you're trying to get one of the infamous "Blue Editions" that are floating around on the NET to work, best of luck -- you'll need it.

WAW8, Feb 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question