Media Player BSOD (IRQL 0x0000000A)

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by technorat, Feb 3, 2007.

1. technorat

technorat

Lately Media Player 11 has been crashing on me withan IRQL LESS THAN EQUAL 0x0000000A error. There are various worthlesssub-codes and I can't find info on them on a google search. The Blue Screen doesn't indicate which driver is at fault. The errors occur when attempting to play videos and, occassionally, when merely launching MP. But, for the most part it's only upon startingan AVI file. I'm using all Windows-provided drivers except for the ATI Catalyst 7.1 drivers, theVia Velocity Gigabit networking driver, and the Realtek AC'97audio ones. I also have the Leadtek TV 2000 Deluxe tuner card. I'm using the PVR2 software and the most recently-released drivers. Overall, the system has been extremely stable. I only run into issues when running MP. The only other thing installed is Symantec Corporate Antivirus 10.2.

I think a significant symptom is found in the ATI Catalyst Control Center. In Avivo Video settings, under XP SP2 the demonstration video of a stupid ATI flag is actually playing. Under Vista, it's just a freeze frame shot...no motion.

Here's my specs:
    Vista Business
    Athlon 64 3000+, Abit AV8 Motherboard, 1.5 GB RAM, 80 GB ATA drive, ATI x1650 Pro 256 MB graphics.

Thanks for your help.
    Matt Rogers
    technoratjunk-AT-mindspring.com

technorat, Feb 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. technorat

BermudaLee

Sadly I can't help with this error, but for comedy value I did get the following problem trying to play a DVD:

"Your system is set to DVD region 1. To play this DVD set your system to region 1"

Lucky I have little need to play DVDs!

L

BermudaLee, Feb 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. technorat

technorat

I think I isolated the problem down to..of all things...my NIC driver! AV8 mobo comes with integrated Via Velocity Gigabit ethernet V6122. I reinstalled Vista, checking how Media Player ran after I installed each piece of software/driver. It failed right after I installed Via's version of the networking driver. It's unfortunate too because the Microsoft-provided driver sucks. Has anyone heard of a problem with it?

technorat, Feb 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question