media centre remote desktop issue

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by abidan, Jan 19, 2012.

1. abidan

abidan

I have 2 laptops running vista ultimate. One is connected to my tv and is used solely as a media centre for live tv, video, pictures & music. I am trying to use my second laptop to control the media centre pc via remote desktop.
    My question is: How do I enable the media centre ‘burn dvd’ program on my second laptop? I have enabled remote access to removable storage by changing the settings in gpedit.msc. and the burn dvd program is ticked in the program library options within media centre, but the option to burn dvd from within media centre is not visible.
    Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks abidan

abidan, Jan 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. abidan

abidan

No takers?
    I tried selecting 'run as administrator' and still no burn cd/dvd option is visible.
    I downloaded & installed the free 'Logmein' application which did give me the burn cd/dvd option.
    Can anyone explain why? and what modifications I might be able to do to enable this option in windows remote desktop?

Thanks
    abidan

abidan, Jan 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question