Media Center Expired in 5270

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by DMikeM, Feb 25, 2006.

1. DMikeM

DMikeM

When i installed Beta 5270 last week I tried to open Media Center and it says it was already expired. Since I had installed over the previous Beta I thought something was carried over so I reinstalled last night with a freshly formatted Partition. This is a Dual Boot system with Win2003 Server on the other boot.

Media Center still says it is expired.

BTW I am a TechNet Plus Subscriber and used the CD key from the last Demo release since my Feburary content did not provide me with a new Key. Also i have not activated Vista yet as I am considering downloading 5308 and overwriting my current install.

DMikeM, Feb 25, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. DMikeM

Jason

I saw this article a while back, it explains it:

"For some reason, the version of Windows Media Center included in the 5270 Vista build expired on Januaru 1, 2006. That means that developers who needed to work with it only had thirty days to do so, and are now plumb out of luck.

So, was this a mistake, or did Microsoft set it as a way to reveal something new entirely at CES? Perhaps MS has some sort of great leap forward for Media Center, and disabled the 5270 version so it could release something truly spectacular at CES, and then immediately distribute that new build.

Or, they just screwed up, and testers are pissed. Oops."

Jason, Feb 25, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. DMikeM

Jason

I suggest changing the date on your computer to 2005 in the system bios or the system clock. ;)

Jason, Feb 25, 2006
  4. DMikeM

DMikeM

DMikeM, Feb 25, 2006
  5. DMikeM

Jason

its ok w/ me, that link thing doesnt work on the text editor, I use the one for the IFcode shortcuts and it works.

Jason, Feb 26, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question