Many of my programs will not work with Vista!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by John, Feb 4, 2007.

1. John

John

I have just installed windows vista home premium and all is fine except for a few programs that no longer work. First, i get a message that pops up saying that there is a compatibility issue with Sonic Solutions DLA drivers and no solutions can be found by vista. Also with this one this error message continues to pop up 7 times before it will stop! What can I do about this compatibility issue?

Also, my Olivetti Anyway Wireless printer is no longer working on vista. Furthermore, i cant uninstall the software for it as i get a error message saying that it is the wrong installer package. What does this mean and what can i do to solve it?

Also, my AOL 9.0 no longer starts up it just fails each time, whta can i do with this?

Please help me if you know what to do! Especially with the Sonic Solutions and Olivetti Problem! Thanks :)

John, Feb 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. John

Jason

I suggest going to device manager Control Panel > Admin Controls > Device Manager and right click the device you want to update the drive on and let vista try to update it. Usually it finds a new driver to use which is compatible w/ vista like for your printer. As fas as software like AOL goes try getting a new version of AOL. It also sounds like you just did an upgrade from xp. You may need to reinstall some of your programs as they got messed up during the upgrade. Like try reinstalling 9 if that doesnt work check AOL's site for a new download of a newer version.

Jason, Feb 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. John

redroush00

LOL! Fell off my chair...my 29.00 Lexmark printer works justr fine!

redroush00, Feb 4, 2007
  4. John

Jim B.

I have the same error message coming up with regard to the Sonic Solutions DLA driver. This is a new computer with Vista, not an upgrade. What component is this driver for? How can I get the updated driver?

Thanks.

Jim B., Feb 5, 2007
  5. John

TranceAmerican

You have to download the new AOL 9.0 VR

TranceAmerican, Feb 5, 2007
  6. John

peat

Any thoughts on removing Sonic Solutions DLA driver is appreciated. Please note the above advice doesn't work.

peat, Feb 6, 2007
  7. John

snorbaard

This isn't what you'd want to hear, but I'd suggest backing up your files, wiping the installation, and doing a clean install. The driver that doesn't want to go is a pretty complicated issue, and unless you know *exactly* where each file was put, and which registry entries were made, it'll be a nigh-on impossible feat to remove them.

I'm having a similar issue with AVG 7.1, which didn't support Vista. Now that I upgraded my dad to Vista from XP, the AVG installation expired, saying the license is invalid, but it won't budge, because the installer calls the same license checker, which fails. So there's no way to even upgrade the utility, because it won't let me. I'm planning on doing a clean install soon.

snorbaard, Feb 14, 2007
  8. John

John

Thanksfor that, ive sorted out my aol and after so long sonic dla stops popping up repeatedly, dont know why though. Im gonna do a clean install see if i can get everything working like you said!

John, Feb 15, 2007
  9. John

spinout

spinout, Feb 19, 2007
  10. John

jayson

I bought a Vista PC Monday and have had trouble with a financial dealer program - LindExpress. Their tech support couldn't help me, but in scrounging around Vista I found a Program Compatibility Wizard. It wasn't easy to find. It takes you through several steps and modifies the run time settings trying to get it to run. I had to make two passes through it to get the appropriate run time settings, which it saves, but I did get the program to work.

That Wizard was not easy to find.

jayson, Feb 21, 2007
  11. John

jamieh

jamieh, Mar 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question