Low on resources (Vista + Nvidia 7300gs 512mb)

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by azzy, Mar 23, 2007.

1. azzy

azzy

Can anybody help me with this?

OK,I got a SataII HD got WinXP on the first partition and Vista on the second. On XPeverything works SUPERB but on Vista i got this problem with my VGA Card (a 7300gs Nvidia 512MB). The problem is, eventhough vista recognize the card and installs its MS driver, its on the:exclamationmark: list (dont know if thats disabled or incompatible). I tried using the latest Nvidia driver for vista 100.xy. The installation process goes smooth till it asks toreboot and find the compter on the same condition again. Onthe device properties i get to know that the device doesnt work caz' its lacking resources and askes me to disable someother devices tofree up the resources. Ive got practically nothingextra attachedto my computer (if that has anything to do with freeing up resources). Thankx!

azzy, Mar 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. azzy

WAW8

Which model 775Xfire do you have -- ASRock has four different ones.

In XP, in Device Manager:

1) What do you see under Display Adapters?

2) what does it say about the IDE controllers?

In Vista,

1) what do you see under Display Adapters?

2) what does it say about the IDE controllers?

3) Are there any Unknown Devices?

You say you installed the Nvidia Vista drivers, did you download and install the chipset Vista drivers from AsRock as well? If so, which ones?

WAW8, Mar 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question