Low Disk space warning drive D vista32

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Ssoap, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Ssoap

Ssoap

I am getting a warning of low disk space on volume D. It is a recovery partition on this Dell 1525. Pain in the butt! What to do?

Ssoap, Dec 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Ssoap

Ssoap

Not Solved

Yet. Hope to hear from someone.

Ssoap, Dec 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Ssoap

clifford_cooley

Hi Ssoap - Welcome to vistaforums

Open Recycle Bin Properties and make sure it is not using your recovery partition.

Recycle Bin is programmed to monitor drive space for the partitions it uses.

clifford_cooley, Dec 8, 2010
  4. Ssoap

Ssoap

Well I opened recycle bin and the "D" drive is shown there under properties. I tried to delet it but couldn't. I tried to restart and still am getting warning of low disk space on D. It's a partition. How can I remove it from the reccle bin properties and how do I clean it so it's just a recovery volume. I have had malware nightmares with this and all of my pc's for the last few weeks. Getting real frustrated.

Ssoap, Dec 8, 2010
  5. Ssoap

clifford_cooley

Select the drive you don't want to use Recycle Bin for and then make the selection not to send files to Recycle Bin. Your not going to be deleting files from your Recovery Partition, so this setting can be safely changed for this partition.

6. Ssoap

Ssoap

I am not geting it

Cliff

How exactly do I select drive D. I am defraging it now by double clicking on Computer icon and selecting drive D. I tried right clicking on it but saw no selection to address recycle bin. The drive is showing as full and red.

Ssoap, Dec 8, 2010
  7. Ssoap

clifford_cooley

Right click on Recycle Bin and select properties. You should see a listing for every partition. Select your Recovery Partition then select the option not to send files to Recycle Bin for this partition.

Windows Vista's Recycle Bin Properties

8. Ssoap

Ssoap

Thanks, I think that may have done it.

Ssoap, Dec 8, 2010
  9. Ssoap

Ssoap

I also downloaded and ran "WinDirStat" and deleted files that were created in the last few weeks on drive "D". That really fixed it and several other problems on several other computers I am working on

Ssoap, Dec 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question