Lots of choppiness

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Grunyin, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Grunyin

Grunyin

Hello

My system is Acer Aspire x1700 Intyel Pentium Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz 4.00 GB Ram 64 bit operating system. Windows home premium service pack two. Originally though I did have service pack 1.

I used to have no problems with video playback, everything worked great. But for about a year now I have been experiencing a problem with video playback in Media player, media center, movie maker, any dvd I try to play, and netflix. Media center is extremely choppy just opening up. It's choppy scrolling through the menuus. In movie maker on a small screen setting it isn't choppy. if I shut down my computer and give it a minute or two and then turn it back on, the problem goes away, but it comes back after exiting whatever program I'm in. I have checked my memory usage and it appears very low. i have tried to turn off any programs running on start up that could take away memory. I have shut down my internet connection and rebooted. I have unplugged everything and rehooked it up.

I think that's all.

The rest of the programs seem to run fine. My computers overall performance is very good and I don't have any problems with speed or anything else.

Any clues?

Grunyin, Jan 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Grunyin

WAW8

I switched over to using VLC player some time back. IT's a free download.

Would install that and see if it behaves any better than WMP.

WAW8, Jan 6, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question