Lost My Music Directory After Installation

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by xombislayer, May 20, 2007.

1. xombislayer

xombislayer

I just did a new install of Vista Ultimate and when I was adding music to Windows Media Player I noticed that my music folder was gone.

I have two hard drives, one has Windows, the other had multimedia files, including a folder named My Music. I never had any problems naming it this while using XP, but when I installed Vista, the folder disappeared from the directory listing!

I tried searching all of my files for *.mp3, yet nothing from that folder came up. It is not a hidden folder, and I even tried doing "dir D:\" to see if it came up in the command prompt.

The files are still there though, because the drive takes up 57GB, there are 32GB of files shown, and my music folder takes up 25GB. I do see a folder called found.000 when I unhide protected OS files, but it denies me access. Also, Vista didn't link it to my \Users\MyAccount\Music\, or anywhere else that I have seen.

If anyone has any ideas of suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

xombislayer, May 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question