lost gadget

Discussion in 'Sidebar & GUI Customization' started by everettdale, Oct 16, 2011.

1. everettdale

everettdale

I'm new here and I'm probably breaking a forum rule by asking this type f question, If so, I'm sorry.

I did a factory reset on my vista laptop, and didn't think to back up my gadgets. I've lost one that is kinda important to me. It was called PowerDo I believe it was written by someone named Ryan Menezes. I guess Microsoft isn't supporting gadgets anymore. it used to live here.

vista.gallery.microsoft.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=8ddbe997-c831-4b35-b0b6-a07abbc904f6

The download button dosen't seem to work.

If any one has this gadget please let me have a copy of it. I promise to take better care of it in the future.

thanks for your time.

-everettdale

everettdale, Oct 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. everettdale

clifford_cooley

WOW - This is news to me once I did a search for you.

The rise and fall of the Windows Desktop Gadget
    The search I did turned up nothing about "PowerDo".

I'm downloading from a torrent upload now. It's in a ISO format with over 900 gadgets. If I find the gadget you are looking for I will let you know. These downloads are so dangerous, viruses are normally found within these types uploads. If you decide to go the torrent route (or similar), please be careful.

clifford_cooley, Oct 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. everettdale

clifford_cooley

The torrent download did not have "PowerDo" within the contents.

Wish I knew how I could help.

clifford_cooley, Oct 16, 2011
  4. everettdale

everettdale

yeah, too bad about the windows gadget support going south. I wish windows wouldn't just put an end to stuff like that, the least they could do is leave archives up or something. Oh well.

I was using powerDo as a bill paying reminder. Basically I could add "tasks" (dates that bills were do) that would be automatically sorted by the day of the month. If I added in my paydays as well I could see what bills needed to be be paid with each paycheck. then check them off as done when I paid them. really handy. If there is anything in those 900 gadgets that would do the same thing I'd be interested in looking at it.

Thanks for the time and effort

-everettdale

everettdale, Oct 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question