lost data on dvd disk while .....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by gunny, Oct 3, 2010.

1. gunny

gunny

using easy DVD clone. I started the free trial with this software in order to make a copy of the dvd (home video of kids party)
    Inserted disk into drive E for source and clicked Start. everything went well, as I saw the original video clips appear in Windows Media Player on screen. I presumed all was complete and ready for writing to source (disk drive on desktop E) and left the room only to return 5 minutes later and saw that the files on the source DVD were being erased. I cancelled the operation, out of panic and then saw the program stop responding/crash.
    Took out the original DVD and there is no longer a home movie on it - it is blank :(

If I saw the files going into WMP, then surely the video will be in a temp file somewhere.?
    I would love to be able to recover the pictures but don't know how to.

Windows Home Premium 64 bit SP2

Many thanks

gunny

gunny, Oct 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. gunny

WAW8

You could try downloading the trial version of Recovery My Files from Runtime Software and see if it finds anything on the DVD. IF it does, you will have to purchase it to actually recover the files.

WAW8, Oct 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. gunny

gunny

I don't mind buying software,tried freeware Recuva and another one, but they cannot see anything on the disk :( but reckon that the files that I saw on the PC while copying from DVD (mini) are still on the hard drive somewhere. Would they be in TEMP files somewhere?
    Thanks for reply

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
    gunny, Dec 12, 2010
  4. gunny

WAW8

They MIGHT, but seeing how you this over two months ago, I would expect that the TEMP folders will have been cleaned out by now.

WAW8, Dec 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question