Lost Data due to user profile not loading

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by rash_tulip, Sep 15, 2010.

1. rash_tulip

rash_tulip

Hi everyone,
    I switched on my computer one day and the message came up - 'User profile cannot be loaded'. I could login in safe mode and it worked , created a new user profile and the problem was solved temporarily, but i LOST ALL MY DATA.
    There is a virus tdss!c after virus scan and the Dell computer is not working.

Im mainly concerend about my data in C drive . How do I find it? its really really important.
    I think i have to reformat the system? But my data cannot be lost!

Please HElp someone

rash_tulip, Sep 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. rash_tulip

WAW8

First thing I would do is download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and run it to ensure that your system is clean.

Second thing, to recover your files, I strongly recommend you going to the runtime software website and downloading GetDataBack for NTFS. It's a free download that can be used to scan for lost/corrupted files. The free version won't recover the files, but it will tell you what it found and your chances for recovery.

To recover the files, you will need to do the following:
    1) Purchase the software
    2) Install it on a different PC
    3) Remove the drive from this PC and connect it to the other PC (the one with GetDataBack installed)
    4) Use GetDataBack to recover the files to the other PC.

Note of caution -- be patient!! Data recovery can take HOURS. Best if you start it and let it run overnight.

WAW8, Sep 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question