Lost Admin password & Can't reinstall window vista.

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by longdoan, Aug 15, 2009.

1. longdoan

longdoan

i had window XP installed and upgraded to Vista few months ago. Now, the problem is i lost my admin account password. I tried many ways to reset the password but i cant. So, i decided to reinstall window vista. i set my DVD-Room as the first priority boot, but it doesnt work for some reason. It will stuck at a black screen when i try to boot the vista cd. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I lost the password for my admin account, but i have another account but it isn't admin account type. i tried to install vista with that account but it said i dont have the permission to install. can someone tell me how to reset the admin password or how to reinstall window vista?

thank you very much

longdoan, Aug 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. longdoan

WAW8

Are you trying to reinstall Vista from inside XP? IF so, that't why it's prompting you for a password. You would need to reinstall by booting from the DVD. That will allow you to enter an account and password from scratch.

Also, if you need to reset your XP password, Google for "XP Password reset disk". You will find places to download and burn a Linux CD that will allow you to boot and blank your XP password. Once you do that, you can then boot back into XP and reset your password.

WAW8, Aug 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. longdoan

longdoan

I'm using Vista, and i lost the password of the admin account. i tried many ways to recover the password, but none of them work. so i tried to reinstall Vista but my computer doesnt boot the vista cd. i also set my DVD drive as the first priority boot. somehow it doesnt work. it stuck on the black screen.

longdoan, Aug 16, 2009
  4. longdoan

WAW8

I already provided you some suggestions. Please follow those instead of posting the same thing over and over.

WAW8, Aug 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question