logon to the local machine

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Stein, May 13, 2008.

1. Stein

Stein

I want to install some software (GeneMapper) and I get 2 error messages.

One says I need win XP (solved this one with the compatibillity function in vista)

The second one says I need to 'logon to the local machine'

What does this mean?

I've unhided the real administrator account and tried running the setup as such but still I get the second error message. And i've searched the web (and the build in Vista help) for several days regarding this topic but couldn't find anything about it.

I have Vista home edition and I don't think my hardware specs matter (it's a brand new computer).

If this topic is already discussed I must apologize but the search function in this forum doesn't work for me (says that the admin restricted the acces whilst I registered and logged in).

greetz!

Stein

Stein, May 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Stein

WAW8

It means that the installation code in this app, written originally for Win2K, is not capable of running on Vista. Unless you can get an updated version from the supplier of the application, it's unlikely you'll get this to install or work.

WAW8, May 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Stein

Stein

Okay thanks

Stein, May 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question