Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by clr6917, Sep 23, 2015.

1. clr6917

clr6917

A few days ago, my computer froze and a box popped up with the message "Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog", and the computer shut down. When I turned it back on, it loaded the desktop, but when I tried to click on anything it immediately froze again and I received the same error message. Had to do a hard shut down this time.

Browsed this topic on this forum and Windows forums, but I'm unable to try any of the solutions offered. I can't interact with the desktop at all without it showing the same error before freezing and having to shut down. I'm also unable to use safe mode - it loads part way, then freezes and eventually shuts down. Same with attempting to boot from last working configuration. Unable to try system restore, it also freezes and shuts down.

I literally can not do anything since this error message popped up and today it didn't load to desktop, just stayed on the loading screen for several minutes before eventually shutting itself down.

PC was working fine up until that message showed up, no noticeable problems or issues. I don't have the money to take it to a tech. Any suggestions, please?

clr6917, Sep 23, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question