Logon process has failed to create the security dialog

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jen, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Jen

Jen

Hi,

Last week my computer wouldn't run more than 1 application at a time. I would get a frozen screen (mouse would move but was totally non-responsive), then a blue screen then a "logon process has failed to create the security dialog"error. I click OK andreturn to a non-responsive computer.

After reading many of the posts from 2008 regarding my "logon process" error, I disabled my Windows Defender. That seemed to do the trick until I tried to open PowerPoint.Every timeI try to open PPT, it won't load-I get a blue screen for the PowerPoint program and nothing loads, everything freezes, etc.

I uninstalled and reinstalled my Office 2007 files and still nothing. I even followed some directions regarding a "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" and that didn't work.

I'm not at all computer literate so any responses will need to be pretty Step-by-Step...sorry.

Thank you SO much. I barely have any hair left as I've been pulling it all out?!?!1?

Jen

Jen, Nov 23, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Jen

WAW8

As the posting instructions in this forum indicate, this forum is for introducing yourself to the forum -- not for posting technical questions.

Please post your questions to the proper forum.

WAW8, Nov 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question