Logitech V320 Wireless and Micrsoft Notebook Laser Mouse 6000

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by stormshadow, Jul 9, 2007.

1. stormshadow

stormshadow

I have tried to install both of these wireless mice and also downloaded the vista drivers for both on the manufacturerswebsites. I keep getting a code 10 error that states this device can not start after install.

Now I tried another USB device(digital camera) and Vista recognizes the camera, so I think the USB devices work.

Any help would be great. I am at a loss here. I dont want to keep returning mice.

I have a HP Pavilion 9308nr Vista Home Premium.

stormshadow, Jul 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. stormshadow

AmericanNightmare

Have you booted into safe mode and made sure ALL of the errored and ghosted drivers are removed it may be that there is a ghosted driver from a previous deviceyou can't see causing the conflict try doing this through your hardware manager and removing the drivers you mentioned as well.Then reboot and re-installwhichever device/driver you want to use. Seems there could be an conflict in IRQ assignments do you have any other USB devices plugged in such as a printer? I know you mentioned the camera worked but it could be assigned a different IRQ than say your mouse and whatever it may be attempting to share. Also sometimes simply clearing your CMOS via jumpers or removing the battery for a few minutesdepending on the your motherboard gives your board a chance to gets it wits about it then things work fine it has worked for me in similar situations.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. stormshadow

stormshadow

I have not rebooted in safe mode, not sure I know how, Also, the only other items ever inserted into this USB port was A Bluetooth Adapter (that did not work due to driver issues). I uninstalled the Bluetooth packet. Maybe that is causing the issue.

i get the Code 10 error message under device manager when looking at the drivers for the V320

How do I remove ghosted drivers? Thanks.

stormshadow, Jul 9, 2007
  4. stormshadow

stormshadow

Also, I have the most recent drivers for the software through Logiteck downloaded from Logiteck on my desktop. Everytime Vista looks for the drivers, I get the message that drivers could not be found. Is there a way to manually install drivers to the correct folder? I thought the setpoint 4.0 were the drivers.

stormshadow, Jul 9, 2007
  5. stormshadow

stormshadow

And one other thing, sorry lol, but on device manager the mouse shows up listed under "Mice and other pointing devices". Is that correct? In other words should it show up on the USB ports?

stormshadow, Jul 9, 2007
  6. stormshadow

AmericanNightmare

READ ALL OF THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!

Ok one thing at a time here first the device should yes show up under pointers and USB as well.

To remove ghosted or errored drivers you boot into safemode like so,reboot and as soon as your PC startsback upstart tapping that F8 key anda list of boot options should pop up from there choose safe mode it may take a little longer and you will see a big list of drivers and whatnot scroll down the screen but eventually you be able to log into your desktop it will look strange b/c Windows only loads essential programs and drivers. Now go to your device manager and select your device (mice and other pointing devices)and right click to get properties and see if there are ANYOTHER drivers listedBESIDES from the ones you installed (and the ones associated with the working mouse you are using you need to keep those)if so uninstall/remove them also remove any drivers you installed associated with the mice/ mouse in question in other words get rid of every driver that deal with your the devices in question here-(AGAIN if you are using a wired mouse than is workingDO NOTremove its drivers)- again just the ones dealing with the devices giving you trouble.

Ok we are doing this b/c if you have gone through the motionsof uninstalling/reinstalling drivers several times there may be ghosts or errored drivers you can't see unless your in safe mode.

Now after you have done that reboot with the device you want to use plugged in and ready to go Windows should be able to locate the new hardware anddrivers automatically if not it will tell you so and you can direct it manually towards the folder containing the drivers hopefully you know where this is. You could also use the add hardware wizard which fairly self explanatoryand is accessed the easiest way through your control panel in classic mode.

One other thing only install the device you most want to use don't try to install the other if one does not work just get back at us and one of us will try and help from there.

Personally i think it is an IRQ conflict but that is a whole new can of worms so lets try this first.

We will save the clearing of CMOS and RTC for a last ditch measure as it involves opening your case.

One last thing you can use the edit button to add to your post if you forget something instead of reposting it is in the upper right hand side.

7. stormshadow

cnlevo

No, it shouldn't show up under the USB ports in the device manager. I had the same problem with my Wireless keyboard and Mouse from Microsoft. Do this...

1.Make sure all the drivers are installed correctly.

2.Then while Vista is up and running (normal mode, not safe mode)...remove whatever is connected to the back of the computer that has to do with the keyboard and mouse (for me it's a USB plug and a PS/2 plug, but you might just have one USB plug i'm not sure...but just unplug what has to do with your kb and mouse). REMEMBER!!!! DO THIS WHILE YOU ARE IN VISTA.

3.Now hit the power put on your tower, just once, it will shut down the computer like you hit the shutdown option in the start menu.

4.While the computer is shut down plug the devices back in and turn it on.

This is what works for me. It found the "new hardware" and installed it. If you have to hit the connect button on the wireless receiver to sync the keyboard and mouse to it...do that.

If this doesn't work then iono what to do for you. I know this is how I got my problem fixed w/ my wireless kb and mouse.

cnlevo, Jul 9, 2007
  8. stormshadow

AmericanNightmare

Anything plugged into a USB port should show up under USB controllers as well as under its device category.

Other than that try what he said although i don't recommend shutting your PC down from Windows by hitting the power button not all PC are set up do to that safely.

9. stormshadow

stormshadow

It only shows up on the "Mice and other pointing devices". It does not show up on the USB ports under Device Manager. Issue?

I also have a feeling Windows will not be able to find the drivers automatically. It has yet to and they are on my desktop. I think I may need to install them manually. They should be in Window/system/32 folder I thought

stormshadow, Jul 9, 2007
  10. stormshadow

AmericanNightmare

Just forget that part try both methods and see what works if anyand get back to us in my experience any USB device shows upunder USB controllers such as Printers- Lexmark 2400 then USB controllers-USB printer suport. It could be an issue but that would point back to an IRQ conflict so we will save that.

If it does not find the drivers automatically just go to your device manager once you have completely uninstalled them and rebooted with the device plugged in and right click on the device>properties>update driver then use manual install option/browse my computer for drivers if they are on your desktop as you said it should be easy.

11. stormshadow

stormshadow

Is it important to note that this is a HP Pavilion laptop? I will give this a shot tonight and get back to you.

stormshadow, Jul 9, 2007
  12. stormshadow

AmericanNightmare

It should not be an issue but again especially if it is a laptop i would not go randomly shutting it down via the power button from within Windows. That's just me though.

13. stormshadow

cyclic

The drivers which are 'setpoint' will be placed by default in .\programs\Logitech\setpoint and not in the system 32 folder, but there will be a couple of shared .dll's in there. Because of the way it's connected it will only show as being a PS\2 compatible device and not as a USB device.

Finally and importantly Logitech say, somewhere in all their 'guff' you must not have any anti virus software running during the installation of setpoint 4 as it can (like with display drivers) prevent the drivers from enumerating their profile correctly, apart from that you should ensure any previuos versions of setpoint or other similar software are removed first, no need to remove native MS drivers or devices for any reason, Vista can cope ably with several mouses (mice?) at once, I've got 3 and didn't remove the other 2 before installing setpoint.

Oh yes don't forget to push the connect button underneath when first connected and if it don't work change the channel settings in the setpoint configuration sheet, which by default will leave an icon in the system tray for you.

cyclic, Jul 10, 2007
  14. stormshadow

cnlevo

Yea. I should have mentioned that (about using the power button to shutdown). However, from my experience every PC/Laptop i've bought or worked on that was brand (HP, dell, gateway, etc.... basically store bought) has the safety/precautionary feature that when the power button is hit it will shut it down. That's why if it's frozen for some reason you have to HOLD DOWN the power button and not just hit it.

cnlevo, Jul 10, 2007
  15. stormshadow

cyclic

That's right there's a setting in the BIOS that allows that it's usually 4 seconds which is more than enough time for the only potential damage to be prevented, that of the drive heads crashing onto the platter rather than being overa 'parking or landing zone' which actually only takes milliseconds to achieve since the armature has sufficient magnetic power to snap the arm back even if power is cut instantly, so head crashes are quite rare but they do happen and usually destroy the HDD either straight off or in the near future.

I bet you really wanted to know that didn't you ?

cyclic, Jul 10, 2007
  16. stormshadow

stormshadow

Ok, got the VX Revolution to work.

Vista does not recognize the drivers for the USB device on install via the disk(from Logitech)or windows update. I had to select "browse for drives manually" and then point to C:\Windows\Sytem32 and BINGO, it was working. When first installed, the USB device in device manager is noted as "Other Devices" and does not fall underthe "USB controller" in device manager. After point to C\Windows\System32 it installed automatically.

^^FYI I have heard of this issue late last night when browsing for soultions to drivers issues. I knew I had the drivers but Vista would not install on its own. Seems like a bug and per the Logitech forums...it is.

The only issue is the Software. In Setpoint 3.3 and 4.0 I am unable to see anything under the tools button? I hit the tolls button and nothing happens. Anybody know what I should see? I have never used this software before but something with the software does not seem right. All the buttons work except the zoom feature and side to side scrooling.

stormshadow, Jul 10, 2007
  17. stormshadow

cyclic

I must confess that the setpoint is not my favourite software, I too have problems with the 'tilt wheel to scroll' but I don't mind that too much but the button asignment panel seems unable to use the 'middle' click for whatever you set it to, even and most annoyingly in games, even with the games settings properly configured the wheel click is dead in any game, mw_up or mw_down fine, but click........no way I have had to revert to using 'R' to reload which is slower....hence the need for different rodents about my desktop (even Logitech's supposed 'gaming' laser mouse\keyboard is still too slow and out of sync, you just can't beat a wire sometimes).

cyclic, Jul 11, 2007
  18. stormshadow

haehideung

Hi,

I'm having code 19 eror on my vista when installing my v320 mice.

it said, device status : windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information is incomplete or damage. code 19

anybody face the same problem with me?

haehideung, Sep 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question