logitech usb headphones aren't working

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by hotcoco1026, Feb 1, 2010.

1. hotcoco1026

hotcoco1026

(I don't know if it matters but I have IDT soundcard on vista service pack 1)

When I plug in my headphones the sound stays on the computer speaker. I went to the sound properties in the control panel and the headphones shows up as it's working, I changed the headphones to default but that didn't work, there was no sound at all when I did that. The sound properties have the headphones listed as working properly, when I tried to test it didn't work either. I made sure the volume for the headset in the properties was on and it's all the way up.

hotcoco1026, Feb 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. hotcoco1026

sorcaress

Hi. I am having the same problem, its just happened. My headset has been working fine until now. Did you find a solution at all? Thanks.

sorcaress, Jun 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. hotcoco1026

WAW8

Machine are typically set up so that plugging a headset into the headphones jack shuts off the speakers, but USB ports aren't wired that way. The Sound panel in Control Panel has lots of options when you right-click the speakers. If there is no option to disable the speakers when your headset is plugged in, it means that Vista is not detecting the headset.

This is a problem specific to that headset and USB. You will need to contact the headset vendor to see what you need to do. It may need special drivers.

WAW8, Jun 22, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question