Logitech QuickCam Express (First Model) Working :)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by relic2k, Feb 12, 2007.

1. relic2k

relic2k

Just FYI, but I have finally got my web cam going. I removed the Logitech drivers and software, and used the one that come with Vista Ultimate I just had to go and manually select the MS driver and now it is finally working. It sure makes Logitech look bad when Microsofts driver works !!:p

relic2k, Feb 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. relic2k

VistaRocks

Glad you got it working. Yes sometimes the ms drivers work better, atleast until hardware manufacturers get some good drivers out.

VistaRocks, Feb 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. relic2k

relic2k

Any one know if this same driver also comes with the X64 version of Ultimate ? I just reinstalled the 64 bit version at lunch but have not had a chance yet to re-configure the quick cam yet. Any one have the Logitech Quick Cam (Older one) running properly ?

relic2k, Mar 13, 2007
  4. relic2k

relic2k

Got it working under the X64 version of Vista Ulti

relic2k, Mar 13, 2007
  5. relic2k

relic2k

After playing around with it for a few hours now, I can't getthe Logi. Quick Cam Expressto work with WLM using the 64 bit version of Vista Ultimate. Anyone know why this is ? or having the same problems ?:w00t:

relic2k, Mar 13, 2007
  6. relic2k

cyclic

Perhaps you should start over, Logitech posted new working non beta drivers for all that range at the end of Feb

CLICKY

you can get at either the x86 or x64 from the link, I have a QC 500 pro which with the latest drivers I have to say is better in Vista than ever in XP, the software has been redone and it's got more features and functionality than ever.

cyclic, Mar 15, 2007
  7. relic2k

relic2k

Downloading them and will post my results.

relic2k, Mar 16, 2007
  8. relic2k

santz24

I just downloaded it, installed it and after realising i had downloaded the 32bit version, i downloaded the correct 64bit and the installer went fine until the point where it told me to plug in the camera so that it would detect it. I plugged it in and it wouldn't detect anything.

Any other clues on how i can get this camera to work? Its the early, early model, this one:

http://www.nachohat.org/images/static/webcam/webcam.jpg

santz24, Mar 17, 2007
  9. relic2k

relic2k

Not sure, all I can tell ya is that the default drivers do not work on the Ultimate X64 but do work on the 32 bit version, which means I may have to go back to the 32 bit version for now.

I also canned get my Sound Blaster Live going either, and I followed the direction that were pinned in this forum. It may work with the 32 bit version but I did not find the directions until I already had the 64 bit version installed.

relic2k, Mar 18, 2007
  10. relic2k

cyclic

With Logitech's camera detection bit it can be a bit iffy, they recommend using a USB port that rises off the motherboard ie; at the back of the PC, once it's all working fine you can then plug it into any port like front ones etc;

I found this exact problem with my 5000 pro cam, no way would it detect it plugged into the front ports or on any extension cable even an active repeater, so I plugs it in the back, setup finds and configures it, everything finished. Now though I can use it on 2 x 5M extensions making a 10M wire without problem and on any other USB port on the front of the PC, when during setup it just refused to see the camera plugged into the front (without extensions). Finally you can continue the setup even if it doesn't detect the camera but I'm not sure what the results would be.

cyclic, Mar 20, 2007
  11. relic2k

relic2k

Just FYI again, I went back to the 32 bit version of Vista Ultimate and my web cam is working again :) So if you really need web cam support your gonna have to go back to the 32 bit version of Vista Ultimate, this is only if you don't already have it working with drivers from your manufaturer. I have an older Quick Cam Express and Logitech is not going to release drivers for Vista or XP 64.

relic2k, Mar 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question