Logging into Vista regularly as a regular User (problems)

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by storm, Jul 26, 2007.

1. storm

storm

For security reasons, and considering that my system has been acting up recently, I tried to create an account to regularly log into my system with (other than as Administrator, which I've always done previously). After spending a lot of time using a Sandisk Cruzer 2.0GB thumbdrive (that's acting up as well and regularly failing after purchasing it only a few months ago) to transfer all of my files from my Administrator account to my "regular" account, I discovered that NONE of my files will open from the "regular" account. I couldn't even get Word or Excel to open.

Is there any way to transfer files directly from one account to another within one system? I deleted the regular account I tried to create and continue to invite viruses with my Admin account...:w00t:

Thank you!

storm, Jul 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. storm

cyclic

All you need to from an 'admin' account is right click the file and edit the security settings for which accounts have what permissions for that file, no need to copy or move them just change permissions (has to be done from an admin account or from the account that created the file).

cyclic, Jul 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. storm

kingofnexus

Yes, right click, select 'Properties'. Go into security tab. Click 'Edit'. Click 'Add'. Then type in 'Users'. Clcik 'OK'. While the users is higlighted, click the box under 'Allow' for 'Full Control'. Click 'OK' and 'OK again. Do this for all files and you should be able to access the files from any user on the computer. If you want to access them from anywhere, instead of typing in 'Users' type in 'Everyone'. Spelling is important, click 'Check name' to make sure you have typed them in properly.

kingofnexus, Jul 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question