Log on process has failed to create the security options dialog

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by BobFimbel, Jun 11, 2010.

1. BobFimbel

BobFimbel

Log on process has failed to create the security options dialog. <DIV class=tsgmessage>My daughters computer is a Dell 518 desktop running Vista Home SP2. The processor is a 2.53 Ghz, the computer has 3 GB ram &amp; 500 GB hard drive

She received the following error when she turned it on yesterday.

"Log on process has failed to create the security options dialog.
    X - Failure - Security Options. "

The above error basically kills the computer. Unable to run programs, access the internet etc

I'm able to boot into the safe mode with networking, without issue.

I'm unable to run a virus scan, as the Charter Comm Security suite will not work in safe mode.</DIV><DIV class=tsgmessage>I’m also unable to uninstall any program. I’m getting a error stating I must log on with Admin password. The problem is I am the admin &amp; I did not set a logon password.

I've tried the following:
    1 - Ran a Anti-malware scan using Malwarebytes.
    2 - I ran a spy-ware scan using - SUPERAntiSpyware.
    3 - I did a system restore using a date three days ago - rebooted - no difference
    4 - I ran error checking on the hard drive with automatically fix file system errors - rebooted - no difference
    5 - turned off the service Super fetch - an recommendation from a Microsoft website - rebooted - no difference
    6 - I have run the Dell utilities to check the RAM &amp; Hard drive - no errors found
    7- I ran System File Checker (sfc /scannow - Start run) – this turned up no errors
    8 – I performed a system restore to date three days prior to the problem – this did not help either.
    :sick:
    I’m seeing a lot of posts on this issue, by searching failed security options in Goggle. All the comments state the problems are occurring with Vista SP2. Is this a SP2 issue?

I'm looking for help in resolving the problem.
    </DIV><DIV class=tsgmessage>Bob</DIV>

BobFimbel, Jun 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question