Lock out of vista computer: RAID set up.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Wizza1337, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Wizza1337

Wizza1337

Hey everyone, its almost 2am, I have reports to do and such... you know the story.

To make a VERY long story short, I have a password on my desktop and I can't get into it.

Re-installing isn't an option. I've tried a bunch of shady CD-BOOT recovery, but has a serious problem with RAID set up.

Anyway to get into this as a guest? or some how change the password in anyway so I can get in!?

Thanks in advance

Eric

Wizza1337, Jun 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Wizza1337

WAW8

Looks like no one has replied. The main problem you're up against here is the RAID installation.

The best boot-your-machine-and-access-windows generic solution I've seen is something called a Linux System Recovery CD. It will boot your machine and provides a host of apps that will allow accessing the drives. But, I don't believe that it can handle a RAID array. Plus, you would need to be able to download it and burn the CD -- which would require a working machine.

Acronis True Image will also create a Linux boot CD, and there's a third options known as Bart PE. I've seen reports of where this third option works when the other two don't.

But, you'll need to google it, and you need a working machine to make the cd image and burn it. Don't use it, so I don't know if it will handle RAID.

WAW8, Jul 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Wizza1337

CL0N3R

Had problem when my girlfriend changed password and since its vista I have not heard of Locksmith software to break into vista yet so sorry to tell you but ur gonna have to suck it up and take a loss on the info or wait and look for a compatibale software

CL0N3R, Oct 17, 2007
  4. Wizza1337

Jason

You can try and download a thing called ERD Commander which is basically windows xp on a cd, you can boot straight from the DVD or CD however you burn it and get right in. You have a huge list of tools to use, as well as easy access to your hard disk to get any data you may need transfered to a USB drive or other source. According to their website it does support RAID not sure if it will support your controller but its worth a shot.

http://searchwindowssecurity.techtarget.com/downloadPage/0,295339,sid45_gci1212576,00.html

UPDATE:

I found this list of raid controllers it natively supports on this site, there seems to be a lot and this list is from the 2002 version not 2005 so you may be in luck.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936007

Jason, Oct 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question