locate link browser

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by shmengie, Oct 28, 2007.

1. shmengie

shmengie

can't say when this started. just today, it seems. but, when i click on a link in outlook 2k3, i get the attached dialog, then firefox opens. (i don't get this dialog if firefox is already open). a google search finds an easy fix...IF you're on xp. didn't find anything for vista, though. any ideas?

thx!

shmengie, Oct 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. shmengie

kingofnexus

Doesn't the XP fix work on vista? Half the time if it works for XP it works for vista.

kingofnexus, Oct 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. shmengie

shmengie

i suppose it might, but the 'file types' tab no longer exists in folder options. do you know how to get there?

shmengie, Nov 1, 2007
  4. shmengie

MrMagic

I have the same problem and I tried the XP fix but for me, it doesn't work. Its more of an annoyance than a problem because as the poster said, FF goes aheadand opens right over the top of it anyway. I have yet to find a fix for Vista that works to fix this. MS gave me one but all it resulted in was IE opening instead of the file box and then FF opens over the top of that. So far, no fix and there are other odd goings on with Outlook 2k3 and Vista such as Outlook changing the font size and type of folder names for no known reason. Sometimes shutting down Outlook and then restarting it will return the fonts to normal, other times not. Rebooting always returns them to normal. Go figure.

MrMagic, Nov 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question