Loading MS Publisher Problems

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by daArch, Nov 15, 2007.

1. daArch

daArch

Now my latest "challenge" with Vista.

Loading a previous ver of Publisher (2002) I received one of two messages, depending on how I tried to load. One said either I had the wrong OS or wrong OS version. The other said "System administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" (hmm, I thought I was the admin - and I didn't set no policy)

Does anyone know if there a patch or am I expected to buy yet another software version upgrade ?.

(this ver of Publisher works fine with win2K and XP)

daArch, Nov 15, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. daArch

WAW8

OK -- don't take offense to this -- but most probably, you're NOT the Admin. Vista actually installs two accounts when you set it up, a "user" account and an "administrator" account -- and then proceeds to hide the latter. When you boot, only only see the first account, unlike with XP, when there was no hidden account.

You can turn off UAC, but even then, you're still running by default as a "user", even though you have SOME elevated privileges.

If you've unhidden the real "administrator" account and are using it, then you're right; otherwise, reply here and I'll let you know how to get to the real "administrator" account.

WAW8, Nov 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. daArch

daArch

IOGNORE {WAW8,

Please DO tell me how to access the REAL admin account. This may help me in MANY ways.

thanks
    }

READ EDIT:

HEY THANKS !!!! Just searched the net and found how to access the real Administrator account. Got Publisher loaded !!!

Well this means Vista is staying on the machine a bit longer.

again: MANY thanks

daArch, Nov 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question