linksys Wireless G Driver/connect issue Vista RC1

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by jsodren, Sep 8, 2006.

1. jsodren

jsodren

Info first:

Computer: AMD 64bit 3300+, 2gig Ram

Operating System: Vista RC1, 64bit.

Device: Linksys Wireless G PCI card...

Drivers used: Ralink RT2500 series Wireless LAN Card (since I can't find Linksys 64bit drivers)

Issue: Okay, for RC1 and the last build, my linksys card hasn't been working properly however it did on all previous versions of Vista beta. What happens is I use the drivers mentioned above and it detects it as linksys wireless-g PCI ver 3.1.0.0 (which it should be) and it appears to work perfectly, EXCEPT it can't find ANY wireless networks within range. If I boot into XP however (duel boot) I can see my network and the other 7 around me. I also have had it connect with earlier versions of Vista 64 bit. I don't know what to do to make it even see my current wireless network. I have SSID being broadcasted, I have the WEP code correct (and even tried disabling the WEP to see if that was the issue). And my workgroup is set correct. Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.

-Jason

jsodren, Sep 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. jsodren

kingofnexus

sounds annoying..

Have you tried disabeling windows firewall, i know it's a long shot but i can't think of anything else which would be causing the problem.

Hope you get it working soon!

kingofnexus, Sep 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. jsodren

jsodren

Well, I disabled the firewall but still no luck.. Thanks for the suggestion though. :( Anyone else wanna try? OR Can someone post the 64bit drivers they are useing with their linksys wireless PCI card? Thanks guys. Love the support here. :)

jsodren, Sep 8, 2006
  4. jsodren

jsodren

Heres an update: I've tried disabling my WEP on the router just incase that was causing a conflict, but no connection. It's as if my wireless device isn't even activated. The drivers when being installed came up as NOT being digitally signed and I clicked to install anyways. The Wireless-G is located in Device manager but I can't see it anywhere else (i.e. in network or on taskbar when not connected.) Still looking for help. Anyone able to post a link to the linksys Wireless-g pci 64 bit drivers their using?

Thanks again for your help guys.

jsodren, Sep 8, 2006
  5. jsodren

coljnr9

Here is what I have concluded. I am only 15, and I have limited computer knowledge, but I have found with the 64-bit version of Vista RC1, it will NOT ACCEPT UNSIGNED DRIVERS. I have tried since the day RC1 came out and nothing has worked. I have a WMP54G, and the driver is not accepted by vista. The one that Linksys gives you is not compatible with 64-bit versions, and the driver that Ralinktech releases is not digitally signed. There for, I am sad to say, you cannot access the internet with a WMP54G card as of now while running Vista RC1 x64.

PLEASE let me know if anyone figures out how to get this to work.

coljnr9

coljnr9, Sep 12, 2006
  6. jsodren

jsodren

I read about the 64bit not allowing unsigned drivers... so I formated and installed the 32 bit (a little drastic, but I WANT MY INTERNET! :p )

Well, microsoft Vista detected my linksys wireless card right away, however.. it still CAN'T find any networks in range. I know this is false because when I duel boot into XP I notice not only my network, but the other 7 from my neighbors. Vista just doesn't like me. :( Any other suggestions on how to get Vista to detect wireless netoworks would be great, thanks much!

jsodren, Sep 13, 2006
  7. jsodren

barrymossel

I have got the same problem... Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Vista RC1

AMD Sempron 3300+

850MB RAM

Radeon Xpress 200M (128MB shared)

Some Ralink wireless lan adapter

barrymossel, Sep 20, 2006
  8. jsodren

kingofnexus

Try D/l the driver from here:

http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

Thn disable driver signing:

I know RC1 has changed a bit but this might still work (does not work for a hashed driver)

1.On the start menutext field,type cmd
    2. Enter the following in the command window that appears, to disable driver signature checks, and press enter:
    bcdedit –set nointegritychecks ON
    3. Reboot the computer

And try installing the XP64 driver as normal... It's worth a try!

Sorry I can't be of more help!

kingofnexus, Sep 20, 2006
  9. jsodren

jsodren

Thanks for the x64 help, but I already uninstalled it and reinstalled the 32bit version of vista. :( Unfortionatly, I still have the same issue. Non of the wireless networks will appear. When I change the wireless settings and try to manually connect, Vista finds my specified network but can't connect to it. Then it disappears and can't find any more networks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

jsodren, Sep 21, 2006
  10. jsodren

barrymossel

For me the problem is that the hardware radio is off... Normally you turn that on via some button on your notebook or something, but when i do that key-combo, it disconnects (i noticed in the ralink tool), and when i press it again its says hardware radio off again...

So dunno how to turn it on properly :S

Might be the problem for you too...

barrymossel, Sep 22, 2006
  11. jsodren

jsodren

Thanks for the idea barrymossel but unfortionatly, this is running on my desktop (have no problem on my laptop, works perfectly) so I don't have a function to disable/enable my wireless radio reciever/transmitter do-hicky. Downloading Vista 5728 64bit and will see if this new version fixes my problems. Again, Thanks everyone for all the support and hopefully by release date I'll have the issue figured out. :)

jsodren, Sep 26, 2006
  12. jsodren

barrymossel

Lol,

Yeah, I uninstalled vista and the problem was still present in XP, kinda freaked me out. Eventually I managed to turn it on with the button.

Maybe you could download the special control panel, and see if something is wrong there (there is an option to turn on 'software radio', that might be the problem)... Else I really dunno ;)

barrymossel, Sep 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question