Line in jack not working.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Skylerguns, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Skylerguns

Skylerguns

My problem is that I just bought a headset mic that uses the 2 jacks cables or w/e.
    Anyways. I plug my headphone one in and it works fine no problems. Then I plug it into the front line in jack for headphones. It detects the line in but it detects no sound from the microphone. I have a laptop and windows vista.
    This is what it looks like when I have it plugged in.

img155.imageshack.us/img155/1201/unledps.jpg

And when I test the mic there is no sound. It complete blank. How do I fix this? Is it possibly a problem with the jack? My other mic doesn't work either when I plug it in

If there is anything else I can provide to help you help me please let me know.

Skylerguns, Jul 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Skylerguns

CapsLock

Well your headphones need to be connected to the line output (speakers), and the mic jack needs to be connected to the line (mic) input. You might also need to make settings to your soundcard, using a mixer of some sort. On Linux I had two microphone inputs, one for the laptop microphone built into the lid of the laptop, and another slider for activating the microphone jack socket on the front of the laptop.

Could be a similar problem here for you under Vista?

CapsLock, Jul 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Skylerguns

raobharath12

hi
    check using a line in cable such as aux cable and connecting the other side of the aux cable to the audio system by using software audacity you can start recording if it starts then the line in point is working otherwise you will have to make it changed.
    Regards
    Bharath

raobharath12, Jul 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question