Laptop pulls valid IP, DNS pulls Google's IP, but cannot ping or traceroute.

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Missing Person, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Missing Person

Missing Person

My wife's laptop is screwed up badly.

We are pulling a good connection to a wireless network, and are pulling a valid IP to the router. We are also able to pull google's IP address on a ping test. However, the ping doesn't work, and tracert stops at her laptop with errors.

ipconfig shows we are pulling a valid IP, like I said, to the router. Pinging the router works. However, there seems to be a tunneling service in the way somewhere. I see a pseudo-tunnel device listed in ipconfig /all, pulling a 202.*.*.* IP, and am wondering if that's the cause, but cannot seem to find where to disable it.

She had tried to install a program to access Facebook from China (we are currently residing in China), but now nothing works. Trying to access anything from a web browser resolves in a "Page cannot be displayed" error in IE, Firefox's counterpart in Firefox. I also see no trace of that tunneling program in her Add/Remove programs.

Her computer is all in Korean, but if you guys could tell me how to disable tunneling services through cmd or the control panel, that would be helpful.

Missing Person, Sep 6, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question