Lacking permissions

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by louie, Nov 21, 2011.

1. louie

louie

Because of NTFS and others we are at the mercy of unknown "CREATOR/OWNERS". Those in the "Know" can take care or the problem .Most of us are "users " . Not techies , so we suffer owning a puter and not having total control . Can any one tell us an easy way to take control of enough permissions to over come the Sustem, truusted installer ,and course the creator/owner TU for being here Louie

louie, Nov 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. louie

WAW8

You don't have "total control" because that is by design. A number of folders and files are critical to the OS working properly. Automatically granting users access to these is asking for their machine to crash when they go "hacking" around with them.

You could always unhide the Real Administrator account -- but that opens your PC to infection with viruses and other malware. So, it is not advices.

There is no way to take ownership of "everything" -- for the reasons mentioned above. If you have a specific file or folder you need access to, then let us know.

WAW8, Nov 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. louie

louie

I understand that part re;permissions.What i did not ken to was the retliation that took place .The more stattus I gained the more I was over ridden by one of the keeper of the permissions . At the time I had a trojan vundo on the PC..I was trying every thing to delete it from my PC . Thank you for your response .Dewey C Chapman

louie, Nov 21, 2011
  4. louie

WAW8

Your claim of retaliation is presuming some nefarious intent on the part of the OS -- which is a false presumption. Malware needs elevated permissions in order to be effective. The most likely (and reasonable) scenario is that your attempts at taking charge were actually being overruled by the malware, rather than by the OS.

Generally speaking, the best way to remove malware from any PC is to first, boot into something OUTSIDE of the OS, that way, since the malware isn't even running, it can't do anything to block you.

Kaspersky and Avira both provide free, downloadable ISO images of their antimalware products, that run under Linux versions. You should look into these for future cleaning efforts.

WAW8, Nov 21, 2011
  5. louie

louie

how truee

You are most likely correct in your statement .The time line of riding my OS of the Trrojam Vundo bug and the reprisals were very close in time .I have not been over ridden in my tries at opening folders ,programs . Nothing to complain about ..Think you reasoned it out . Thank you again Louie

louie, Nov 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question