Keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Siddhesh222, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Siddhesh222

Siddhesh222

My keyboard fell ill on 7/2/09 (Lol) and its quite sick.It feels healthy when I run Ubuntu and it runs flawlessly but on Vista it doesn't work (Its Vista supported as it used to work earlier and the Logitech site and the hologram on it's box confirms it).And it's not a hardware problem either because, like I said, It works flawlessly in Ubuntu.

Nor does my keyboard require any extra drivers.Its a PS/2 keyboard which directly runs off.The Logit

ech site mentioned it runs on Vista's usb drivers (USB driver's for a keyboard? Didn't know that.)

So guys can please someone take out your time and please help me .Its become a nuisance because I just can't do anything on Vista .Help would be appreciated.(I'm typing this off Ubuntu).

Siddhesh222, Feb 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Siddhesh222

WAW8

How do you have the keyboard connected -- PS/2 jack? or USB port? Or, do you have a PS/2 keyboard connected to a USB port via an adapter?

Unless you're using fancy features on the keyboard, you shouldn't need any special drivers. I've got a Logitech USB keyboard/mouse working on Windows 7, Windows Vista, and three ubuntu versions -- all on the same machine -- and have never installed any Logitech drivers myself. But then, I don't use any special features.

WAW8, Feb 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Siddhesh222

Siddhesh222

Nor does mine have any special features.Its a simple PS/2 keyboard without any multimedia etc.But I just can't type anything in Vista (actually I cant even game,its not like some specific keys are not working,the whole keyboard doesn't run).But works in Ubuntu.

I didn't require drivers to run this either.Used to work earlier without any driver support in Vista lol.But suddenly it stopped working all of a sudden.Wtf man. I tried what I could do in Device Manager but it displays the following error.

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.The drivers might be corrupted or missing (Error Code 39)"

Heh.Is there any other method other than Formatting the whole stuff again?.I think some virus might have deleted Vista's native drivers related to keyboard etc. So where can I find the drivers which come with Vista for keyboards?

Siddhesh222, Feb 10, 2009
  4. Siddhesh222

WAW8

If there's an entry in Device Manager for the keyboard, you could remove it, reboot, and see if Vista then re-detects the keyboard and loads the driver.

If that doesn't work, here's a link for MS keyboard drivers:

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK [/url]

You can try those ... but really ... you shouldn't need keyboard drivers, Vista should just load them.

WAW8, Feb 14, 2009
  5. Siddhesh222

rockin42nite

I've been having thes ame problem with my Belkin Ergonomic keyboard and I've tried eveyrthing, but can't get it to work. I finally just got another keyboard, but not erogonomic. I have held onto this one cause I want it to work -

Have you gotten yours to work yet?

rockin42nite, Mar 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question