Keyboard can't press multiple keys?, last time can

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Sauvage, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Sauvage

Sauvage

yeah so. my laptop. it has a keyboard right, when i bought it. and for the first like 2 years, i could play games which requires multiple keys to execute some stuffs, like X+C. but i just figured out that my keyboard can longer press multiple keys, i used keyscan to test what combinations my keyboard is able to support

mediafire.com/?2spvaslvm8zlhfa[/url]

and to my surprise every single damn combination on my keyboard WON'T WORK. accept for ctrl+alt+Del, thats probably the only combination my laptop can support:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: yeah so how can i solve this? this isn't my keyboard problem. cause i actually can play a game like 02mania using multiple keys, but when i got back to the game after like a whole year of not playing it, i can no longer press multiple keys :(:confused:

mediafire.com/?dgy81c9sw25jfhb[/url] <-- my dxdiag incase someone needs it

Sauvage, Feb 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Sauvage

WAW8

You don't say how old your laptop is, but I have one five years old, which I use daily, and I've already had to replace the keyboard once. Laptop keyboards don't have the wear resistance of other keyboards.

So, if you're doing keypress tests and not seeing the correct sequences, that means you're going to need to replace the keyboard.

WAW8, Feb 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Sauvage

Sauvage

but i can press, e.g. if i press x and y together, say 20 times it goes through as Z or X. but 1 of them goes through as Z+X so which means that my keyboard CAN press 2 keys at once. my keyboard CAN press multiple keys, my problem is only 10% of the pressing goes through as the combo. the 90% goes through as a single key

Sauvage, Feb 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question