Jesus. Nothing works.

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by Slappywag, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Slappywag

Slappywag

I got Vista 64 bit dual boot installed 2 weeks ago. And I've finally got everything working (I didn't do the actual installation, a company who I bought my computer from did it), ie: Internet, torrents, msn, and music. Now I thought I'd get some games going.

Not one game I have tried has worked.

I started with Command and Conquer 3 (unpatched, release version), and Spellforce2. Neither of them worked.

I then thought I'd download the Lost Planet DX10 demo (primarily just to get directx10... I don't have it I don't think, and I don't know where to get it [I can't find any download links]), but now I've installed it (and I know my drivers are up to date), I get an error saying "XINPUTblahblah" was not found.

The only reason I got Vista was for Bioshock... God I hope that works. But it's not looking good so far.

EDITED BY AmericanNightmare: I edited your subject line that kind of language does not offend me personally but it there are others who find it offensive so please keep clean. If you must say it F***ing will be fine.

thank you

Slappywag, Aug 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Slappywag

cyclic

Ok perhaps if we can start with a detailed spec of this machine we will understand more where possible problems are comming from, one thing though the DX10 version of Lost Planet or anything for that matter will only work in DX10 if your graphics card supports it, otherwise it's DX9 you'll need.

Anyway to put it simply the more detail you give the more likely it is someone will be able to offer solutions, I do a lot of gaming and like many have not found problems installing or running games, old or new not forgetting many if not most games need patches almost as soon as they are released to overcome some problems, CandC3 being no exception so make sure you have all the patches for any game, I download them before I install so I can update to the very latest before I even run the game so at least you know you're not trying to fix a problem that's already been addressed.

cyclic, Aug 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question