It is possible to install sp2 in vista lite?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by jairo, Oct 6, 2009.

1. jairo

jairo

Well first of all I own the original Vista dvd but I did make my own lite version, the question is, It is possible to install sp1 or sp2 in vista lite?

Now, if there is no way to do that, sp2 is worth formatting?

I don't really want to do that, anyway... thanks in advance and pardon my English I think I need to practice a bit more. :sick:

jairo, Oct 6, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. jairo

WAW8

Not know what IS and IS NOT contained in Vista Lite, we have no way of knowing what will and will not work. Suggest you contact the providers of Vista Lite and see what they have to say.

WAW8, Oct 7, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. jairo

jairo

Looks like it is impossible to upgrade, according to vista lite creator.

jairo, Oct 8, 2009
  4. jairo

WAW8

That would have been my guess, too.

Different "lite" versions remove different stuff, and while I understand why they do that, in the case of services that accomplishes little more than just disabling them. But, some of the more extreme versions have removed some or all of Windows Update -- which would make applying a service pack impossible.

We don't address these tailored versions, because (first) there are too many of them and they're all different, and (second) we have enough on our hands just to help out folks who have ALL of Vista installed.

Plus ... since I think we're done here, I'll be moving this post to the Installations subforum (just in case you notice it gone the next time you login to this subforum).

WAW8, Oct 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question