Is this the correct way to format computers if people don't have there OS disc?

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Anon_nj, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Anon_nj

Anon_nj

I mean my friend had a Dell computer which was a Windows Vista Home Basic.

I had Emachines Windows Vista Home Basic, my friend could not find the disc for his dell so i used my emachines vista disc and formatted his computer then used his dell product key to activate it, which worked

So a person can use any kind of OS as long It matches

the OS like

If they have Windows 7 Starter HP

and this person can use his Acer Windows 7 Disc to format his friends computer and use the sticker key on his computer to activate It.

Anon_nj, Jan 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Anon_nj

clifford_cooley

I can not guarantee this will work every time. A manufacturer specific install disk could be programmed to look for specific hardware that may not be present in all systems. As far as legalities though its the license you purchase that will activate the matching OS version. As long as you are not trying to activate an install that you do not have a license for, you have nothing to worry about other than loosing vendor support for an OS they did not supply.

clifford_cooley, Jan 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Anon_nj

Anon_nj

Yes. A person can buy the license key for example Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit,

and use a friends Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit format disc to format his or her computer a clean Install and use the bought license key for that OS.

Tried It one hundred times and It works.

Anon_nj, Jan 17, 2013
  4. Anon_nj

Anon_nj

It's the same thing

If you download a trial version of Adobe Photo Shop CS6 and buy a separate license key for Photoshop.

Or you can buy a separate key for Photoshop. and use your friends Adobe Photo Shop CS6 disc and install It and then use the bought key to activate It.

Anon_nj, Jan 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question