Is there any solution for this proble,...?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Narendra Yarapathineni, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Narendra Yarapathineni

Narendra Yarapathineni

HI BOB,

iam using vista OS,last week i have a got problem in my system.The problem is ,if i click any icon,iam getting message as...choose the program you want to open this file(in that box iam getting some 2 to 3 options like Adobe Reader,real player and media player).

please give me the solution for this problem,iam not able to run any .exe file directly.If i need to run any .exe file,i need to run that icon as ,Run as admin.

Best Regards
    Narendra

Narendra Yarapathineni, Oct 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Narendra Yarapathineni

kingofnexus

Check for virus's. Free anti virus such as avast and avg work well.

After checking and getting rid of any virus's it may detect, do a system restore back to a date before the problem occured. To do this type "System Restore" into the start menu and press enter. Follow the on screen instructions. You will not lose any files doing this, although all settings and installations made since the date you put it back to will dissapear. This means if you installed an anti virus listed above then you will need to install it again if you want to continue using it. All programs installed before the date remain unchanged.

kingofnexus, Oct 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Narendra Yarapathineni

WAW8

Your system is behaving as if single-clicking will open an item, in which case, it's generating a menu of selections.

It's a long shot -- but try the following:

1) Right-click on the Start button, select Explore

2) Click Tools --> Folder Options

3) General tab: Make sure the "Click items as follows" indicates "Double-click to open an item ..."

4) Save and exit.

Should have to double-click to execute a program file now.

WAW8, Oct 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question