Is there a way to turn off the blur in the transparent parts?

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by lvlln, May 9, 2007.

1. lvlln

lvlln

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this in, but this seemed like the most appropriate forum. I was wondering if there existed any tweaks that would turn off the blur on all the translucent effects in Vista. It always seemed pointless to me to have translucent parts of the windows if you couldn't actually read what was behind them. I did use VistaGlazz to turn on translucency all the time, but I'd really like it if I could actually make the translucency useful. I own the Home Premium version.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

lvlln, May 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. lvlln

cyclic

Interesting and good question, unfortunately I don't have a good or interesting answer other than I don't think it's a likely possibility, I have had a quick 'firckle' around the most useful haunts for that sort of info. MS knowledge base, Google even but without luck.

All I can say is I thought pretty much the same, I don't see the point in being able to 'see through' something when it's not clear what's behind, if something suddenly arrived you would have to close all the open windows down until you got to the item in question to find out what it is, I just turned it off completely as it's clearly (pun not intended) only an esthetic function which does use quite a bit of resource to do what it does.

cyclic, May 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. lvlln

kingofnexus

Some cool stuff from stardock will allow you to customise the windows aero them youself, and you could change the aero effects using some of there software.

kingofnexus, May 11, 2007
  4. lvlln

lvlln

Thank you, but I'm not big on having to pay $20 just for one little effect. And it's not even clear that it'll work...

On a side note, does anyone know how to make WMP11 actually shut down when you press the X on the top right corner?

lvlln, May 14, 2007
  5. lvlln

Walker

Mine fixed it self soz

Walker, May 17, 2007
  6. lvlln

quasar

The transparency comes with 32-bit color. Switch your video card to 16-bit color or 24-bit color. That will prevent any alpha or transparent effects.

quasar, Aug 22, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question