Is there a glossary of terms related to the Vista Forum?

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by Magigal, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Magigal

Magigal

Good afternoon,

I am new to Vista Forums and would like to have a reference to try and understand the abbreviations and acronyms that are used. For example the word "Pinned" is a new term for me to use in this context on a forum. I have not found any information on posting a profile and an avatar and a signature sentence ( if that is the right phrase for usinga sentence at the end of each post.) . Also, where is the best place to list my computer specs.?I have had to adjust my computer's resolution due to a vision problem, and it is possible the areas I am asking about are difficult to see on one page, although I have been using the arrows for right or left to check for more information. ( it is such a slow process to have to use arrows constantly , <sigh> ).

Thank you so much for any support and help that you have for me.

Magigal

Magigal, Feb 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Magigal

WAW8

Sorry, there is no dictionary or lexicon. "Pinned post" is a standard forum term meaning a thread that has been tagged so it does not age over time.

If you click the Control Panel link, that will open a profile page where you can add that kind of information.

WAW8, Feb 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question