irritating delay after loading computer window

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by ????, Jun 27, 2007.

1. ????

????

This has been bugging me since I installed Vista. I use network drives all the time to connect to a fileserver.

Every time I load up the computer window with the hard drives etc., there is a delay as it is doing... something (you can see a progress bar edging across the top whilst it does it)... probably more pointless indexing/checking as is it's wont. Nice idea in theory, but the fact is it has really started to drive me nuts (just let me whine for a second I need to get this out!) because every time I go to access a network drive after loading the computer window for the first time, I have to sit there waiting for it to do whatever the hell it is doing, before i'm given the prompt for the network password and can continue.

Just for reference in case anyone wants to try guesswork, it's nothing to do with the network- i get the password prompt instantly if i wait a moment for Vista to do its 'thing'.

If anyone has any suggestions, or preferably, knowledge of what Vista insists on doing every time you load the computer window, i'd love to hear it... thanks!

????, Jun 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ????

Jason

Jason, Jun 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question