Internet Problem

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by anthonymuso, Jun 30, 2011.

1. anthonymuso

anthonymuso

I previously had my computer connected to the computer via a cable. I've moved my computer and have had no success finding any drivers/software to connect to wireless. Everytime i look for networks it;
    1. Cannot find any networks
    2. Just directs me towards PPoe

There are other computers in the household that are further away than mine and can connect to the internet so distance or connection to the router is not an issue. I am currently posting off my sister laptop right now! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers.

anthonymuso, Jun 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. anthonymuso

tevans95

What kind of computer is it? If it is a desktop what kind of card are you using? But I know that Windows Vista has a built in gerneric driver for networking I believe it starts with broadcom (I currently am answering this on a computer running XP so I can't check that at this time). Anyway more information on the topic would be helpful.

tevans95, Jun 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. anthonymuso

anthonymuso

Its a PC not a laptop. I put in an aircard not sure what it's called. if u like i can pull my computer a part and have a look what brand model etc etc if that would matter.

anthonymuso, Jul 1, 2011
  4. anthonymuso

WAW8

Unfortunately, getting wireless working tends to be problematic because, if you don't have the drivers for the device handy, you need to connect to the Internet to get them -- and you can't until you install drivers. This is known as a "Catch-22".

So ... unless you have the drivers for the aircard, you need to connect your laptop using a WIRED connection, insert the aircard, and then allow Windows Update to search for drivers. Once it downloads the drivers and you install them, you can then disconnect from the WIRED connection, setup the wireless configuration, and be ready to go.

WAW8, Jul 1, 2011
  5. anthonymuso

anthonymuso

solved it by buying a wireless usb adapter. cheers for the help

anthonymuso, Jul 2, 2011
  6. anthonymuso

sinashin

That is what i tried before.

sinashin, Sep 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question