Internet Connection Goes In-and-Out on Vista only

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by BlkBox, Jul 17, 2007.

1. BlkBox

BlkBox

Hello everyone,

I just upgraded to a new system with Vista. Before I had XP and experienced no problems with my internet connection. I am running a wired broadband connection. Basically my computer keeps switching to Local Only and then to Local and Internet (Internet connection fades in-and-out constantly). I will open my browser and it will load my home page fine, then I will either type in a new web address or click a link to go to a new site and it will say something like "you are not connected to the internet" or "webpage not found" depending if I am running IE7 or Firefox (I have the problem in both browsers). Then if I press refresh or try again it will load the page. I am not sure if there is a conflict with my router or any setting I have to disable thats new in Vista. Any help would be appreciated.

Shawn

BlkBox, Jul 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. BlkBox

kingofnexus

Hmm. First thing to try is to disable IPv6, it cleared all my internet problems although yours sounds a bit odd. Worth a shot anyway.

Control Panel (default view)> Network And Internet > Network And Sharing Center

Under 'Tasks' on the right, click 'Manage Network Connections'.

On the new window right click the connection that the internet goes through. Select 'Properties'. Deselct 'internet protocol 6', and both 'link layer topology' boxes.

Click 'OK', and restart the computer. It may just work.

kingofnexus, Jul 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question