Internet access problems

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by nickthespur, Nov 24, 2011.

1. nickthespur

nickthespur

I have recently moved to Crete and whilst waiting for OTE (local phone cmpany) to install my landline for phone and broadband I have been using Vodafone Mobile and various free wifi acess places with no problems. I now have the fixed line and although my laptop shows I am connected to my router with excellent connection I cannot access the intenet. Windows hs run all the dagnostic tests but has no solution. I know my lapop must be ok as I have used other methods to connect.
    Any ideas?. Thanks for any suggesions.

nickthespur, Nov 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. nickthespur

WAW8

Presuming your laptop has both wired and wireless, turn off the wireless. This is usually done using a button or switch on the laptop case. Then, shutdown the laptop.

Plug in the network cable and reboot the laptop (with the wireless turned off). You should now be getting access.

IF that doesn't work, you will have to contact the ISP that provides the wired internet access, as they may need to add your Mac address to their access list.

WAW8, Nov 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. nickthespur

nickthespur

Thanks but didn't work unfrortunately. I'll have to contact the isp (and hoetey spea English!). Thanks again

nickthespur, Nov 25, 2011
  4. nickthespur

nickthespur

OTE sorted it for me!

nickthespur, Nov 25, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question