Intel pro-wireless 3945abg working but not not working. Useless.

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by spacecowmoomoo, Feb 10, 2007.

1. spacecowmoomoo

spacecowmoomoo

Hi everyone,

Upgraded my Asus A7J notebook to Vista Home Premium several days ago. Everything is fine and all devices working and accounted for except a problem with intel pro/wireless 3945abg networking card.

I've done a search of the internet and have found at least one other person with same problem but different brand notebook.

The card shows up in device manager and its reported as working however I can't get any wireless networking. Only settings available are from inside driver information from device manager. Other than that no dialogues, nothing about looking for networks, none of the wireless networking stuff from my old XPMCE. In addition that the hardware on/off switch fore wireless networking card on the side of the notebook no longer has any affect. The wireless LED indicator hasn't lit up either.

I've installed the latest vista drivers from intel (intel says driver only). There is nothing wrong with the card. I had reverted back to XP briefly (acronis trueimage is the best) and wireless networking, hardware switch, LED status worked as it should.

Anybody got the same problem or even better got a fix?

I am not going back to XP anymore. I got networking via wired LAN but I really need my wireless soon. Hoping a fix would come around. Otherwise I got a free expresscard slot and might try wireless N card.

spacecowmoomoo, Feb 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. spacecowmoomoo

Alexandre Brisebois

I have upgraded the same model to Vista Ultimate and have been able to get my wireless to work for a breif moment before it stopped working for absolutely no reason.

I can't wait for Asus to get the right drivers out to us all.

Alexandre Brisebois, Mar 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. spacecowmoomoo

newage

i currently have this problem too, but i have temporary found a way around it. Everytime you switch on your computer, go into device manager and disable and e-enable the wireless card, this would allow it to work. anyone with a more permanents solution?

newage, Mar 24, 2007
  4. spacecowmoomoo

JayRock

Can you use Windows Update to check to make sure you have the latest Logo'd driver from Intel?

JayRock, Mar 25, 2007
  5. spacecowmoomoo

JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1, Mar 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question