Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG - Radio Shuts Off!

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by muzicman82, Mar 17, 2007.

1. muzicman82

muzicman82

Hello all,

I have a Dell XPS M1710 laptop which has an Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG built in. I am using the latest drivers available on Intel's website.

The issue is that it seems when the radio or adapter reaches a lot of connections or bandwidth, the radio just turns off. The connection in Vista remains active (but it changes to Limited), and the device in Device Manager is there as if everything is normal.

However, I have an LED above my keyboard telling me of radio status, and it turns off. Normally, with Dell QuickSet, you can press Fn+F2 to toggle the radio on and off, but in this case the software "thinks" it is toggling radio power, but it just stays off.

I am forced to reboot to get it back on.

This happens most when using uTorrent, but it does happen outside of it. Just wondering if any other users have seen this and found a fix!

This is really becoming an issue.

muzicman82, Mar 17, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. muzicman82

LogicAssault

I have also had a problem with the connection switching to limited. I have a HP DV9000T NoteBook pc with the Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG card. I think the problem is due to the connect limit set by Vista. I think the default is 5 but not sure. I have fixed this problem by applying a Vista Event 4226 Patch just search for Vista Event 4226 patch and apply it. this should take care of the problem. How ever if you apply some windows updates after the patch it may be reset again so if you start to have the same issue again apply the patch again.

Goodluck, hope this works for you too.

LogicAssault, Apr 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. muzicman82

Walker

This always happens with torrents. I wouldn't exactly blame vista for this. This is because the extreme bandwith usage screws up the software as well. This exact same thing happens to me with a Z61m IBM Thinkpad running on XP.

Walker, Apr 18, 2007
  4. muzicman82

LogicAssault

Yes it does happen with XP also. but thats because XP has a connection limit also, just like vista does. there is also the same event ID patch available for xp as well. Windows does this because it was made to do this, its not malfunction.

and just a FYI, this is not just related to torrents because i do not use torrents what so ever.

LogicAssault, Apr 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question